MCS design proposal

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Mon Jul 9 22:24:09 CEST 2007

Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>

>> We don't need anything fancy.  Xfsettings or XConf or whatever is fine.
>>   There's no need to come up with special terminology to replace
>> 'channels', because the term is more or less unimportant now.  If you
>> really want to, just use something like 'config nodes', since it really
>> is a true tree of preferences.
>>
> I like the simplicity of XConf, very few would misunderstand the purpose
> of that system, and it sounds like GConf, but it is what it does.
>
> /BL

Also, if 'xfce' or 'xf' is part of the name, non-xfce applications/users
may think twice before installing/adopting it in their applications.
XConf could be seen as a standard X configuration store, hopefully
without Xfce dependencies (or as less as possible)... My vote goes to
'XConf'...

Has anyone given any thought how to remove information stored in XConf?
Upon uninstalling an application who uses it, I'd also like to remove
the configuration files/settings...

-H-