xfce display/login manager?

Björn Martensen bjoern.martensen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:19:26 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 00:39 +0100, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Great.  However the log file doesn't increase as you are saying.  Did
> you actually read the configuration file or the README file or the
Yes, I read the configuration file when I configured slim and I read the
manual page before installing it and just read it again to see if I
missed sth about the logfile, but I don't know what you were trying to
say with that question...

And about the logfile increasing size: I don't know if that problem I
experienced was caused by slim or sth else, but it did grow. The whole
system was pretty much stuck and when I checked why, I had a 900+M large
slim.log in /var/log. It wasn't that big before and it didn't grow
slowly over the time. As I said, I'm not sure what caused this
behaviour.

Anyway, it seems this question has been up more often (most likely
before I subscribed to the ml) and there won't be an xfce dm. I'll stick
with gdm then for now, I guess.

grtz,
Björn