xfce display/login manager?

Mike Massonnet mike.massonnet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 00:39:02 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:13:31PM +0100, Björn Martensen wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> - slim: not that bad, but it doesn't fit very well and at least on my
> system I always had a slim.log that was about 200M, even after deleting
> it so that it was generated completely new, it was 200M again right
> away. Once it even slowed down the entire system that much, it cluttered
> my whole /var partition with a 900+M big logfile, and even after
> stopping the slim service and deleting the file, it didn't get any
> better. a windows solution (reboot ;)) solved that and the first thing i
> did after that was finally getting rid of slim and installing gdm...

Great.  However the log file doesn't increase as you are saying.  Did
you actually read the configuration file or the README file or the
manual page http://slim.berlios.de/manual.php?  This could help..

> grtz,
> Björn

Cheers
Mike
--
 Mike (m8t) Massonnet http://massonnet.org/     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">