Define keyboard keys as mouse clicks

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 09:42:23 CET 2007

Hi,

(I'm using latest RC of XFCE, with Fedora Core 6)

There is that (in)famous key which, in MS-Windows,
is equivalent to right-clicking the mouse. I'd like
to get this also working with XFCE, to smoothen as
much as possible the transition from Windows to
Linux for my colleagues.

I found that there seems to be a way in Gnome to
define this:

-------
Map Right Click and Middle Click to your keyboard:

Gnome Menu select System —>
     Preferences —>
       Accessibility —>
          Keyboard

   Check “Enable Keyboard accessibility features”
   Choose “Mouse Keys”, check “Enable Mouse Keys”

Then put something like this in ~/.xmodmap:
  keycode 108 = Pointer_Button3
and restart X.

-------

How can I do that with XFCE?

Also: my Windows-keyboard has a "Windows-key" on
the left, which, in Windows, opens the 'Start' menu
of the panel. Can I also have this working with
XFCE: if I push that key, it opens the XFCE menu?

Thanks,
Rob.

PS: I'm familiar with xev to obtain the keycodes.