XArchiver feature request.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 02:19:01 CET 2007

I really hope this is the right place to post such a message, if not,
please excuse me but I could not find a mail list for Xarchiver
itself.

Hey there Giuseppe. I just stumbled in a feature I think would be nice
for XArchiver. Here it goes:

I strongly believe that XArchiver should have a "Save" action, (more
of a "Save As..." actually) and I think I can back it with the
following use case:

An user (that would be me 5 minutes ago) who has XArchiver as its
default archiving tool, clicks a .tar.gz link on a web page, and
decides to peek on it, choosing Open in his browser.

This user (yes, thats me again) then finds out he really likes the
contents of the file and he decides to store it in his computer.
Unfortunately, the file is saved in an obscure /tmp/something path in
his system and now he has to close XArchiver and find the link again
to be able to chose "Save" and get this file in a place he may find
later.

Does that make sense to you ? If it does, I ask you to put a save
action somewhere in the application :)

... Hmmmm I just decided to take a last look on the software before
posting, and I think that it may not be that nice to have this option
(because of the way the application works internally) but still, I
leave the idea so we can have a nice discussion about
yet-another-polemic feature. What do you say ?

Best Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.