Missing Funktion in thunar-volman to unmount a CDROM

Andreas Korzinowski andreas.korzinowski at polizei.niedersachsen.de
Fri Jan 19 09:13:38 CET 2007

Evgeni Golov schrieb:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:22:47 +0100 Bjoern Martensen wrote:
>

>>> Ok. You inserted CDRW disk, mounted them via Thunar. After this you
>>> want to blank it via Xfburn. Before you can do it, you should
>>> unmount it, but you can only eject it.
>>>
>>> That's why unmount will be useful.
>>>
>> I'd say Xfburn should unmount the disc before it starts writing to it.
>>

> And what's about k3b, gnome-baker, nero, cdrecord, wodim, growisofs etc
> pp? Should they all implement unmounting, even if there are other tools
> (-> umount) which should handle this?
>
> Regards
> Evgeni
>
> PS: I also maybe want to remove my whole cd/dvd reader and let the cd
> in there...

The reason because i need this was, i put in a CD and take a look,
if all the things i need are on it.
Then i want to make a iso file of the CD, because i need it in a virtual
testenviroment. But bevor i can make a copy with dd i must unmount it.

Ok, its easy, because i usually must make up a terminalwindow for the dd
command.
Thereby its not heavy to make a mount, to look where the Cd was mountet and
then a sudo unmount /dev/hdc.

That was the reason for me.

Best Regards

Andreas

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas Korzinowski

Polizeiamt für Technik und Beschaffung Niedersachsen
Testteam
Tannenbergallee 11
30163 Hannover

Tel.: 0511-9695 - 7547