Missing Funktion in thunar-volman to unmount a CDROM

Evgeni Golov sargentd at die-welt.net
Thu Jan 18 17:47:26 CET 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:22:47 +0100 Bjoern Martensen wrote:

> > Ok. You inserted CDRW disk, mounted them via Thunar. After this you
> > want to blank it via Xfburn. Before you can do it, you should
> > unmount it, but you can only eject it.
> >
> > That's why unmount will be useful.
>
> I'd say Xfburn should unmount the disc before it starts writing to it.

And what's about k3b, gnome-baker, nero, cdrecord, wodim, growisofs etc
pp? Should they all implement unmounting, even if there are other tools
(-> umount) which should handle this?

Regards
Evgeni

PS: I also maybe want to remove my whole cd/dvd reader and let the cd
in there...

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd at die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C