License for 4.4

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Fri Jan 5 08:19:11 CET 2007

Hi,

I think we should change the text of all GPL licensed components in XFCE
to GPL v2 only. This will allow us to move to GPL3 once we see a
consensus in the community to move to GPL3. Otherwise we will be
automatically switched when GPL3 is released.

I don't want to get into a license flamewar, but in my opinion we should
only move to GPL3 when several other big projects have done so. I don't
think any of us know enough about it, but I think it would be safer to
go along with the majority of the community is doing.

-- b