Xfce 4.4.1 ?

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Tue Apr 3 12:20:07 CEST 2007

Jani Monoses wrote:
>> I agree here, although we should only do this for 4.4.x releases (so we can get bug fixes out quicker), but not for 4.x releases, because that will be a mess. I mean a 4.6 xfdesktop that depends on libxfce4menu and libxfce4ui and a 4.4 version of xfce4-panel that still depends on libxfcegui4 is not an ideal situation.
>>

> Right, mostly for stable releases. It would make the release process smoother even for unstables though. For ex if the new xfmenu is reaady for beta testing you
> could release it as 4.5.0 without having ot wait until all other components break enough to be worth being called unstable :)

Maybe it's better to have a more 'milestone'-alike release schedule?

Also, some projects have no or a lesser active developer. It might also
be a good idea to look at the bugs of other projects and either resolve
them as invalid, request more info or try to build a patch yourself?

4.5.0 - Fully implemented libxfce4menu (and bugfixes for some other
projects)
4.5.1 - Xfce4-panel: all open bugzilla items fixed or commented (and
bugfixes for some other projects)
4.5.2 - Thunar: all open bugzilla items fixed or commented (and bugfixes
for some other projects)
4.5.3 - Xfdesktop: all open bugzilla items fixed or commented (and
bugfixes for some other projects)
4.5.4 - Thunar: implemented desktop handling (and bugfixes for some
other projects)

4.5.0 consists of:
* project1 - 4.5-r23443
* project2 - 4.5-r23467
* project3 - 4.5-r23567
* project4 - 4.5-r22567
* project4 - 1.0.9-r22567
* etc

4.5.1 consists of:
* project1 - 4.6-r26783
* project2 - 4.5-r23667
* project3 - 4.5-r23567
* project4 - 4.5-r22567
* project4 - 1.2.1-r23567
* etc

It may have made more sense while this was still in my head... Ah well...

-H-