Xfce 4.4.1 ?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:48:00 CEST 2007

> I agree here, although we should only do this for 4.4.x releases (so we can get bug fixes out quicker), but not for 4.x releases, because that will be a mess. I mean a 4.6 xfdesktop that depends on libxfce4menu and libxfce4ui and a 4.4 version of xfce4-panel that still depends on libxfcegui4 is not an ideal situation.

Right, mostly for stable releases. It would make the release process smoother even for unstables though. For ex if the new xfmenu is reaady for beta testing you
could release it as 4.5.0 without having ot wait until all other components break enough to be worth being called unstable :)
Another concern with this is if bugzilla versions would be affected in a way that would confuse reporters