Xfce 4.4.1 ?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:44:35 CEST 2007

> sounds like it's worth a try at least. It would be *enticing* for developers if
> they would have some regular schedule of xfce releases, so you would have to
> have someone doing these releases on a tightly written down schedule. I wouldn't

Even without a regular Xfce schedule (which would be nice though IMHO) the component
developers are relieved from thinking about coordinating and other non-devel work and
manage their own time at their own pace. One thing that needs to be figured out though
is version numbering. It would be confusiong to have Xfce 4.4.1 containing modules with
different version numbers (4.4.x). An idea is components called 4.4.X.Y with Y increasing
an X being the next stable Xfce minor version.
Then when Xfce 4.4.X si released (say Xfce 4.4.1 with xfdesktop 4.4.1.3 and panel 4.4.1.1)
restart the stable components names at 4.4.2.0 .

Jani