Xfce4-dev Digest, Vol 35, Issue 16

Michael Verret axxium.zenlnx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:06:20 CEST 2006

> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:24:14 +0530
> From: "Biju Chacko" <botsie at xfce.org>
> Subject: Re: Xfce4-dev Digest, Vol 35, Issue 15
> To: "XFCE4 development list" <xfce4-dev at xfce.org>
>
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:31:09 +0530, Michael Verret
> <axxium.zenlnx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The fact is that some of the categories work as stated in
> > /etc/X11/xdg/xfce4/desktop/xfce-registered-categories.xml it is truly
> > upsetting to see this functioning in 80 % of the categories and then
> > someone stops and says "I don't support the multilevel menu feature."
> >
> > Why in the world is it partially there if no one intends to support it?
>
> Because it's better than nothing.
>
> > Please remove it.
>
> 4.6 will probably see another menu implementation, that will be more fd.o
> compliant.
>
> -- b

That is very good news. I will be quiet and look forward to 4.6.
Perhaps I can rebuild my desktop files to work with the working
categories.

Thanks,
Michael

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:10:38 -0700
> From: "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>
> Subject: Re: Xfce4-dev Digest, Vol 35, Issue 15
> To: XFCE4 development list <xfce4-dev at xfce.org>

> Michael Verret wrote:
> > it is truly
> > upsetting to see this functioning in 80 % of the categories and then
> > someone stops and says "I don't support the multilevel menu feature."
>
> Upsetting?  Dude, breathe.  It's just a piece of software.[1]
>
> If you wanna fix it yourself, patches are welcome, as usual.
>
>         -brian
>
> [1] To be fair, there are occasions when I need to be reminded of that
> myself.

I was upset because I had waited sometime for an answer only to be
disappointed. To be fair, if I had seen the original reply to my
initial email things wouldn't be so bad. (my fault) Today I'm happy
and it's cool. I'll wait for later as I was told it will be worked in
some fashion some time after the 4.4 release.

Thanks,
Michael