ubuntu bugtracker

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:37:41 CEST 2006

2006/10/5, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,

Hi jani, thanks for your work on Xubuntu :)

If specific module maintainers were willing to help with this and they
> made a LP account and subscribed to bug report notifications on their
> respective ubuntu source packages it would be a great help. The amount
> of reports is much lower than that for bugzilla so it would not disrupt
> your workflow.
>
> I'll just give my simple user-point-of-view. If upstream developers have
to check LP for bugs, they can also register on various bugzillas for every
distribution/os shipping Xfce. Advantage : more bugs are reported.
Inconvenient : incredible amount of time lost in dual-reports et al.
Personally, i think THIS is the work of packagers. Pushing bugs upstream is
at least something they can do.

just my 2c.

Landry