ubuntu bugtracker

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 07:39:35 CEST 2006

Hi all,

there are often bugs reported in http://launchpad.net that are valid
bugs upstream. Since ubuntu users rarely know about xfce bugzilla only a
few of them also report their issues there, so letting upstream devs
know about them depends on me or someone else regularely reviewing and
pushing them here. I often don't get around to do that and bugs
unreported in bugzilla but still valid in svn languish with no comments
in launchpad for weeks or months.
If specific module maintainers were willing to help with this and they
made a LP account and subscribed to bug report notifications on their
respective ubuntu source packages it would be a great help. The amount
of reports is much lower than that for bugzilla so it would not disrupt
your workflow.

Chances are you all have LP accounts automatically created when the
importing of any package you worked on happened, but these accounts are
inactive by default.

Example URL:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xfdesktop4
  on the left of the page bugs and bugmail settings let one see and
subscribe to bug reports.

This is so upstream devs can see reports that may not have been reported
in bugzilla. No need to spend time on commenting on the bug or marking
invalid or linking to existing bugzilla one if you don't feel like it,
just get notified of things you are interesed in.

Let me know if any of you are interested or need assistance in getting
around LP, it's not the most intuitive UI the world has seen.

thanks
Jani