ubuntu bugtracker

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:01:40 CEST 2006

> I'll just give my simple user-point-of-view. If upstream developers have
> to check LP for bugs, they can also register on various bugzillas for
> every distribution/os shipping Xfce. Advantage : more bugs are reported.
> Inconvenient : incredible amount of time lost in dual-reports et al.

These are well-known trade-offs and I do not intend to make this a
thread on discussing them. With all respect I am not interested in
people's opinion on this as it does not change a thing. It is up to each
developer to chose to follow LP bugs or not, has nothing to do with
other distros or the merits of either approach as everyone can weigh the
pros and cons for himself and decide.

Jani