xfterm4 script recursivity bug?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Nov 15 15:32:00 CET 2006

Xavier Otazu wrote:

> 	Hello:
>
> I forward you two mails I've sent to Oliver Lehmann (the FreeBSD xfce
> port maintainer).
>
> There are two problems:
>
> 1) Xfce 4.4 RC2 xfterm4 script has a potential recursivity.

That can only happen if you explicitly enter xfterm4 as your preferred
terminal emulator, which doesn't make sense, since xfterm4 is a wrapper
to fire up your preferred terminal emulator. And by the way, the xfterm4
script is considered obsolete.

> 2) "exo-preferred-applications" icon does not appear on the Xfce
> settings managers (I think it appeared in the RC1). Or it is not on the
> RC2, or it is not correctly implemented on the FreeBSD port or I've not
> correctly configured/installed this port.

The icon is installed to hicolor, like all other fallback icons.

> cheers
> Xavier

Benedikt