Xfce 4.4BETA1 - core packages

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 20:43:52 CET 2006

This could be a sensitive issue, but it shouldn't be. It's just that I know
all the distributions have a "core", "main", or something they support
fully.

The whole thing here is: which packages are show-stoppers - which are the
ones which would prevent the Xfce team from a release?

Because, although everyone would like Xfce to support
insert_favorite_GTK2_app_here, it _will_ come back to haunt the devs after
the release :)
As a sort of example, I wonder just how many questions about using Rox-filer
as a desktop they answered till now (because it's sometimes associated with
Xfce, mostly in online screenshots),  though it's not even closely related
with Xfce... Now the thought of having more packages in the Xfce core
shouldn't be so glorious for a dev :))

this is afaics a tough question which might need some more thought