Xfce 4.4BETA1 - core packages

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Mar 25 18:57:12 CET 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 05:45:00 -0800, Oblio <apa.chioara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to intervene in the dev discussions.
>
> After all this frantic activity, have the core Xfce package been decided?
> Or are they the same, and Xarchiver, Xfburn Xfmedia are extras? (I'd go
> with them as extras). Packagers might want to know.

this is afaics a tough question which might need some more thought

- xfburn (as JF said) is not stable yet and will stay -extra
- being dependent on xine I think xfmedia will stay -extra too (brian?)
- xarchiver is definately -extra since no physical work has been done to integrate it in Xfce. This will need more time

I'm not sure what the position on thunar is now that it's rapidly approaching beta (all hail Benny). Having both xffm and thunar in the core packages poses a problem that is hard to solve. I'm sure this e-mail will already stir things up - so lets think it over a bit ;^)

Auke