xgl

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Mar 12 20:54:18 CET 2006

Aaron wrote:
> oh yea i forgot about the composite inclusion and the ugly transparent panel...

That is your opinion, not a fact. Composite is not just the panel, it's
also real transparency for all windows, shadows, etc.

> read through the archive, is anyone going to chnage their thoughts now
> that more people seem to be using xgl? or should we wait for a beta
> releases of xgl before asking again?

I doubt you read the archives, because you seem confusing between
between compiz and xgl.

> what im mainly intrested in is having my windows rendered as gl
> textures, because my computer is quite slow, but i have a decent
> graphics card, which really speeds things up using composite.

Well, look, if your computer is slow, what make you think that using
OpenGL would render faster than plain 2D acceleration?

But, look, I'll make you a favor. You want to use Compiz+XGL? try
Kororaa live CD.

	http://getkororaa.com/

Cheers,
Olivier.