xgl

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 19:31:04 CET 2006

oh yea i forgot about the composite inclusion and the ugly transparent panel...

read through the archive, is anyone going to chnage their thoughts now
that more people seem to be using xgl? or should we wait for a beta
releases of xgl before asking again?

what im mainly intrested in is having my windows rendered as gl
textures, because my computer is quite slow, but i have a decent
graphics card, which really speeds things up using composite.

On 3/12/06, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> Aaron wrote:
> > well, theres been alot of people in #xfce asking about xgl, just
> > wondering what the official stance on it is? i assume someone will
> > eventually write a patch and throw it into svn for us mortals to play
> > with?
>
> I'd kindly suggest that mortals do some research in the xfce mailing
> list archives.
>
> See this thread:
>
>   http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2006-February/016330.html
>
> > by the way, is composite for xfwm4 going into 4.4?
>
> Composite is in xfwm4 even before 4.2.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

If it moves, COMPILE IT!!! Yay Gentoo!!!