Multiple verve-plugins in different panels

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Wed Jul 26 20:54:54 CEST 2006

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

>>> Ok, I just commited a switch so that for older D-BUS versions (<
>>> 0.60) this flag isn't used. Could you try again?
>>>

>> Compiles fine for me and everything seems to work as expected.
>> Except... sorry, Jannis, that I'm such a pain ;-)... but isn't the
>> plugin supposed to have autocompletion and a
>> command history? I don't get those, but I can't find anything unusual
>> in configure's output either.
>>

> Indeed, it's intended to provide these features. At least the command
> history should work on *any* system. I guess you already know how to
> use the plugin - if not, here's a link:
>
>   http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/verve-plugin
>
> If you have a b0rked or empty $PATH (when starting the panel), that
> might explain that there is no auto-completion (because only
> executables in $PATH are scanned). Other than that, I see no reasons
> why it should not work.

Ah, sorry for the noise, I guess I didn't use it correctly. Some
comments though...

- I was confused that auto-completion of paths doesn't work (e.g.
/usr/sb-TAB doesn't do anything), which is why I thought the feature was
missing
- Auto-completion of commands doesn't seem to follow correct alphabetic
sorting (e.g. xfce4-TAB brings up xfce4-mixer before xfce4-about or
xfce4-menueditor)
- Auto-completion isn't coupled with the command history (like in
xfrun4), which some people might be used to. But that's a matter of
taste and I myself am not sure what I'd prefer.

Hm, I guess I should start a new thread...

Thanks for your quick fixes and best regards,

Nick.