Multiple verve-plugins in different panels

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed Jul 26 20:11:02 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:31:56 +0200, Nikolas Arend wrote:

> >> Sure, I can workaround this, by checking the D-BUS version, I
> >> guess. I'll work on this later. Thanks for the report.
> >>

> > Ok, I just commited a switch so that for older D-BUS versions (<
> > 0.60) this flag isn't used. Could you try again?
> >

> Compiles fine for me and everything seems to work as expected.
> Except... sorry, Jannis, that I'm such a pain ;-)... but isn't the
> plugin supposed to have autocompletion and a
> command history? I don't get those, but I can't find anything unusual
> in configure's output either.

Indeed, it's intended to provide these features. At least the command
history should work on *any* system. I guess you already know how to
use the plugin - if not, here's a link:

  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/verve-plugin

If you have a b0rked or empty $PATH (when starting the panel), that
might explain that there is no auto-completion (because only
executables in $PATH are scanned). Other than that, I see no reasons
why it should not work.

- Jannis