4.4 default look

Oblio Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:26:01 CET 2006

> You're being confused here, the xfwm4 colors are from the gtk theme,
> there is absolutely no need to change the xfwm4 theme to change its colors.

No, I'm not being confused :)
The titlebar uses PNG I believe, and those are probably black, which I
don't believe has anything to do with that GTK theme. That's what I
meant, titlebars.

> As for it being "Vista-ish", I don't know what Vista looks like, but the
> use of dark colors rather reminds me of Mac somehow.
>
> Not everyone is a fan of M$ here, sorry. If we follow that logic, we
> should not use light or dark colors because it would be too much like
> OS-X, we should not use dark blue because it's like Win2000, we should
> not use light blue or light green because it looks like XP, we should
> not use yellow because it looks like Be, etc. Better quit the GUI
> business then, since most of colors have already been taken yet...

No, I'm not anti-MS. It's just that I believe Xfce should have its own
image. And when I say that, I say compared to major players on the
market, IMHO BeOS is dead (and has been for quite a while - I know
about Zeta, but Zeta is a stillborn project mostly), so using yellow
is not a problem.

I believe it's about the general look. The small lower panel - upper
taskbar is Xfce.  Everyone can tell some setups from miles ago: XP,
MacOSX, KDE, Gnome. Xfce should do the same. Colours do have an
influence too on this aspect.

And about colour, I just don't believe that black does well with
orange. If someone kindly points me to the Xfwm theme, I'll try to
modify the PNGs colour to something more apropriate.

Ah, well, after all it's just an opinion, hope I didn't offend anybody :)
Anyway, don't mind me, it's not me who will make the final decision.

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

Regards,
Oblio