4.4 default look

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Jan 26 23:01:31 CET 2006

Oblio Oblio wrote:

> The GTK theme is very nice. The _xfwm theme_ should change though.
> Everybody who has seen it accuses it of being Vista-ish. The active
> titlebar should be another color I believe, the inactive titlebar is
> great, so is the rest of the xfwm setup.

You're being confused here, the xfwm4 colors are from the gtk theme,
there is absolutely no need to change the xfwm4 theme to change its colors.

As for it being "Vista-ish", I don't know what Vista looks like, but the
use of dark colors rather reminds me of Mac somehow.

Not everyone is a fan of M$ here, sorry. If we follow that logic, we
should not use light or dark colors because it would be too much like
OS-X, we should not use dark blue because it's like Win2000, we should
not use light blue or light green because it looks like XP, we should
not use yellow because it looks like Be, etc. Better quit the GUI
business then, since most of colors have already been taken yet...

Cheers,
Olivier.