How to get to the Xfce 4.4 website

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:49:52 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, Alexander Toresson <alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/10/06, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (Started new discussion; from "How to get to Xfce 4.4")
> >
> > Maybe it's a bit lazy to create an image layout, but it's a lot faster
> than
> > writing everything in css:
> >
> >  Index sample
> > Documentation sample
> >
> > Maybe it looks like FreeBSD to much, but it can (and will) be changed
> > later. It's more an idea how the content can be arranged.
> >
> > Anyway need to get back to work,
> >     Gr. Nick
> >
> > ps. I hope more people do this (or change this mokup) to finish with the
> > most refreshing layout.
> >
> > --
> > ICQ: 300712345
> > MSN: nickschermer~at~hotmail~dot~com
> > MAIL: nickschermer~at~gmail~dot~com
> >

> I agree with all the others. It's a great design. I've just got one
> question: Is the page resolution independent? That is, does it use the
> full width of your browser window, or is it static width?

I  was thinking of both :). 780px and 100%. Enough space in the header for
a small buttun :P.

I'm asking because I've seen just too many pages on the net that are
> static width, and therefore just use a part of your full horizontal
> resolution on monitors that are reasonably high resolution (1600x1200,
> 1680x1050 etc).

Yes, but it's hard to design and in most cases a website "designed" for
780px is a but ugly in 1600px. But i'll give it a shot.

I'm asking because your page 'looks' like it could be one of those, as
> it has quite much graphics that are 'containing' the page, and I
> wouldn't like the Xfce site to become one of those. A real world
> example of what I mean can be seen on for example www.blogspot.com,
> which does actually try to hide the problem a bit, but still has it.

When the css is finished more or less, i'd like to hear what you think about
it.

Regards, Alexander Toresson

Gr. Nick