How to get to the Xfce 4.4 website

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:40:17 CET 2006

On 1/10/06, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> (Started new discussion; from "How to get to Xfce 4.4")
>
> Maybe it's a bit lazy to create an image layout, but it's a lot faster than
> writing everything in css:
>
>  Index sample
> Documentation sample
>
> Maybe it looks like FreeBSD to much, but it can (and will) be changed
> later. It's more an idea how the content can be arranged.
>
> Anyway need to get back to work,
>     Gr. Nick
>
> ps. I hope more people do this (or change this mokup) to finish with the
> most refreshing layout.
>
> --
> ICQ: 300712345
> MSN: nickschermer~at~hotmail~dot~com
> MAIL: nickschermer~at~gmail~dot~com

I agree with all the others. It's a great design. I've just got one
question: Is the page resolution independent? That is, does it use the
full width of your browser window, or is it static width?

I'm asking because I've seen just too many pages on the net that are
static width, and therefore just use a part of your full horizontal
resolution on monitors that are reasonably high resolution (1600x1200,
1680x1050 etc).

I'm asking because your page 'looks' like it could be one of those, as
it has quite much graphics that are 'containing' the page, and I
wouldn't like the Xfce site to become one of those. A real world
example of what I mean can be seen on for example www.blogspot.com,
which does actually try to hide the problem a bit, but still has it.

Regards, Alexander Toresson