xfwm4 feature request / patch

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Feb 15 23:02:16 CET 2006

Damon Harper wrote:

> has there been any discussion in the past of a feature like this?  i'm
> not sure i have either the knowledge or the time to implement it
> myself.  but i thought, before i hit an opportunity to procrastinate
> from my real work that i might devote to giving it a try, i should
> check and see if there are already hidden options to do this that i've
> overlooked, or a plan to put it in place.

Not really, that would go against the design decisions for xfwm4 that is
to stick to what the application does or asks using standards means
rather than allowing the user to change the behavior of the window
manager based on the application running or even the active window.

So, in a nutshell, I'd say that there is no plan to add such a feature
and chances are very low that a patch for that would be merged.

Note that you can already disable the alt+click option globally, not for
just an application, though.

Cheers,
Olivier.