xfdesktop - desktop menu strange behaviour

David Keogh davekeogh at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 13 14:47:39 CET 2006

Using the latest version of xfdesktop. Whenever I use the desktop menu, a
"ghost" of the menu is left behind. The menu is still visible on the
desktop, but it shouldn't be and isn't actually active. It will disappear if
I move a window over it though.

I've attached a screenshot, because it's a little difficult to explain.

Another oddity is that if I start xfdesktop in my gnome session, it works
just fine.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just my system?

Thanks,
David