xffm compile fails

Tuukka Mäkinen tukem at iki.fi
Thu Feb 2 15:37:55 CET 2006

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Tuukka Mäkinen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I checked out xffm a moment ago (rev 18876) and my compile fails. This
>> is with
>> using installer.sh and not passing any parameters.
> Something must be wrong with your checkout, this is what I get for
> revision:
>
> trunk $ svn update
> En la revisin 19715.

Hmm wonder what happened with. I use Gentoo and the installation script I have
(little stupidly) always updates the files first so I *did* run update. Now I
made a manual update to make sure and got revision 19716. Running the script
correctly tries to update too but can't of course find anything since the tree
was just manually updated. Oh well it's compiling now.

Still no go. Just updating didn't help, I got the same error message, so I tried
setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH to different values but that didn't help either. Then
finally it dawned on me that Gentoo installs other modules with prefix=/usr but
since the Gentoo way fails on xffm I run installer manually forgetting the
default prefix is /usr/local. Correct prefix and it compiles nicely.

Thanks for help

Tuukka