xffm compile fails

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Thu Feb 2 13:25:14 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Tuukka Mäkinen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I checked out xffm a moment ago (rev 18876) and my compile fails. This is with
> using installer.sh and not passing any parameters.
>
> xffm_iconview-main.o: In function `main':
> /var/tmp/portage/xffm-20101010/work/xffm/xffm/main/main.c:328: undefined
> reference to `xffm_sanity_check'
> /var/tmp/portage/xffm-20101010/work/xffm/xffm/main/main.c:352: undefined
> reference to `bindlibxffm'
> ../iconview/.libs/libxffm_gridview.so: undefined reference to `invalidate_widgets_p'
> /usr/lib/libxffm_secondary.so: undefined reference to `Tubo'
> ../iconview/.libs/libxffm_gridview.so: undefined reference to `mk_little_button'
> ../iconview/.libs/libxffm_gridview.so: undefined reference to `update_check'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [xffm-iconview] Error 1
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Something must be wrong with your checkout, this is what I get for
revision:

trunk $ svn update
En la revisin 19715.

The undefined references listed above are located within libtubo and
libxffm. The latest versions of all packages are:

checking installed versions...
fgr 0.6.5 (OK)
scramble 0.2.3 (OK)
dbh-1.0 1.0.25 (OK)
libtubo 0.9.17 (OK)
libxffm 4.3.3.68 (OK)
xffm 4.3.3.75 (OK)
xfdiff 4.3.9 (OK)
xfmime-edit 4.3.12 (OK)
xfapps 4.3.3.17 (OK)
xfbook 4.3.3.24 (OK)
xffstab 4.3.3.19 (OK)
xflocate 4.3.3.20 (OK)
xfproc 4.3.3.28 (OK)
xfrecent 4.3.3.19 (OK)
xfsamba 4.3.3.20 (OK)
xftrash 4.3.3.18 (OK)

If all this is OK, then the installer.sh script might be making a wrong
guess at PKG_CONFIG_PATH. This could happen if you have different
versions of the libraries installed with different prefixes.
To avoid wrong PKG_CONFIG_PATH,

$export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/the/correct/pkgconfig_path

BTW, the current SVN is almost 4.3.4, only sans a few cosmetic
issues listed in TODO file.

regards,

Edscott