Idea: Merging Task List + System Tray + Program Launcher applets(demo included)

robin me at robin.com.au
Wed Dec 27 17:32:42 CET 2006

I do not expect this 3-in-1 plugin/applet to be default to XFCE or maybe
not even 'add-able' by default, at its 1st release.
I myself, still have to play with it to determine whether it is as
practical as I imagined.

And if it's popular, who knows, it might be default one day.
But realistically, I believe that this 3-in-1 plugin has a small chance
being default, BUT it could certainly be 'included' by default but you
have to "right-click > add item" yourself.

I also proposed, that this plugin has the ability to just switch off/on
the the systray or launcher functionality.
So people, who likes the idea of tasklist+systray(BUT NO launcher), will
be happy.
And people, who likes the idea of tasklist+launcher(BUT NO systray), will
be happy as well.
And people like me who likes all 3-in-1 , will be even happier.

So far it seems the maintainers are already content with the idea that I
have presented.
EXCEPT the systray and launcher integration.

So in the future we may see this 'upgraded' tasklist (with NO systray and
NO launcher).
But I would like to encourage them to release Another 'special' 'upgraded'
tasklist, which has the ability to enable/disable systray integration and
enable/disable launcher integration with the tasklist.

And if this 'special upgraded' tasklist gets popular, maintainers can
choose to remove the 'upgraded' tasklist completely in the further future,
and include this 'special upgraded' tasklist (with systray,launcher
integration disabled by default)as default in XFCE.

Hope you all get what I mean.