Idea: Merging Task List + System Tray + Program Launcher applets(demo included)
nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 16:45:35 CET 2006
I've made a quick mokup of how we can create this. Some notes:
- Not integrate the launchers. Launchers are cool like they are, we're
not going to break that.
- Not the systemtray. Systemtray applications are not real clickable
apps IMHO, you but them there because you want to get rid of them, or
they are not real applications, but show some kind of status.
Now you might think there is nothing left of the initial idea hu?
Well there is:
- Group all instances of 1 application in 1 single button.
- Clicking (left) the icon of the button launches another instance of this app.
- Collapse the instance names of inactive buttons. This way we
integrate the iconbox and the taskbar idea (option in pref dialog).
- Right click the icon will show group tasks: collapse the button (see
idea above), close the entire group, move all to other workspace...
- Grouping (2nd button in picture) of multiple instances, like we do now.
- DND of a group. Instances of an application inside a button are
ordered by last startup time or alphabetically.
I know it will be hard to create a good button widget for this,
because normal gtk buttons are not suitable, but everything is
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 10142 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Xfce4-dev