Idea: Merging Task List + System Tray + Program Launcher applets(demo included)

Oblio apa.chioara at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 16:27:55 CET 2006

> I do not exactly understand the question about MANY windows from the same
> app. It would work the same and take the same amount of space as current
> task-lists, except same app tasks are grouped. I think it would take LESS
> space with this 3-in-1 applet because the icon do not appear on each
> task.

It's the usual "tab overflow" problem of modern browsers. Imagine that you
start something like 10 xterms. The part reserved for each window becomes
minuscule, there should some sort of minimum width = X pixels, after which
the
mode changes - maybe into the current task groups.

> Oblio asked "Could the default behaviour be left as an option?"
> You mean if task buttons should appear from 'right to left' instead of
> 'left to right' instead?
> I would be expecting an option to allow that. It's up to the developers.

Everything is up to the developers, as usual :)