Documentation on wiki?

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 23:41:14 CET 2006

On 12/3/06, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Nick Schermer wrote:
>
> > - A couple of patches for help buttons (spawn 'exo-open --launch
> > WebBrowser http://wiki.xfce.org/docs/4.4/...') should do the trick.
>
> You're missing the point.  We can't assume that everyone who will want
> to look at the docs will have an internet connection available.  That's
> why we distribute docs with the tarballs: so there's a local copy.

I agree, and documentation should be part of a release,
(ok... the 4.2 UserGuide has been shipped with every 4.4 release so
far... but that's a bug imho)

This means documentation can (and should) be shipped with the source.
It's like providing the license, give the user something usefull to read ;).

my 2ct,

Stephan