xfce-docs (Was: Re: Documentation on wiki?)

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 11:59:45 CET 2006

I don't want to disturb this discussion, but (please) don't make the
docs project too complicated, since the contributors group will be
(very) small.

Unofficial docs are not a good idea IMHO, very confusing atleast...

My wiki idea was _not_ an open place for everyone to write
documentation, but 1 place for all documentation with write
permissions for developers/doc-maintainers. Fact is that writing docs
in a wiki is much easier then the docbook format AFAIK.
Anyway some developers had problems with this, because they want to
include the docs in the tarball, I can understand this, that's why I
stopped the discussion.
Only good solution would be all docs on the wiki (with write
permissions) and some kind of automated manual creation from wiki ->
svn.

Nick