New minimum requirement of GTK+2/GLIB for Xarchiver

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:03:22 CEST 2006

On 8/4/06, timystery at arcor.de <timystery at arcor.de> wrote:
> What prevents authors from respecting the system configuration of other people and not asking why they like to stick to the versions their distribution provides?

Asking is not a sin; a guy asked me to remove the GLIB 2.8 dependancy
and I accomplished his request because I could do that thanks to
Jean-François Wauthy who provided the code.

By the way:
What prevents distributors to upgrade to newer version of such
important APIs as GTK+2 if it is stable?

Giuseppe Torelli
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org