Aw: Re: New panel in trunk

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Oct 13 22:22:30 CEST 2005

Fabian Nowak schreef:

> aehm, forget about it. your code now works, wrong written commands don't
> make the panel crash when being executed after having added items.
>

> the launchers seem to work, i couldn't make the panel crash like before.
> i couldn't even crash it another way, having nearly completely
> configured a new panel config ;-)

Ok, that great. Thanks for testing.

> i can't add items to the panel after third item or later items (counted
> from left side) after having added some first starters to the first
> config. closing the manager dialog and reopening made it possible again.
> so i think it's pretty ignorable when having a default config consisting
> of those basic 6 or 7 launchers.

*ignoring* ;-)

> concerning the "remove" dialogs: i think it is really better to not have
> them for the plugins, as the user tends to OK-click those dialogs even
> if (s)he accidently chose to remove the panel.

Yeah, I did that myself ;-)

I'm not entirely happy with the menus, though. It works very well when
the panel is at the top (mine is ;-), but for bottom panels the change
is too high that a user clicks on a panel option instead of an item
option. I hate submenus though...

Thanks,
	Jasper