Aw: Re: New panel in trunk

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Thu Oct 13 22:12:56 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2005, 18:49 +0200 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:
> Fabian Nowak schreef:

> > ~/tmp/xfce4-panel/plugins/launcher$ diff launcher.c launcher.c.bkup
> > 96a97,102
> >
> >>void
> >>launcher_save (XfcePanelPlugin *plugin, LauncherPlugin *launcher)
> >>{
> >>    launcher_write_rc_file (plugin, launcher);
> >>}
> >>

> > 458,468d463
> > < void
> > < launcher_save (XfcePanelPlugin *plugin, LauncherPlugin *launcher)
> > < {
> > <     launcher_write_rc_file (plugin, launcher);
> > <
> > <     LauncherEntry *entry = g_ptr_array_index (launcher->entries, 0);
> > <     GtkWidget *mi = NULL;
> > <     g_signal_connect (mi, "activate",
> > <                           G_CALLBACK (launcher_menu_item_activate),
> > entry);
> > < }
> > <
>
> Still doesn't make sense (to me), I'm afraid. What do you want to do,
> exactly?

aehm, forget about it. your code now works, wrong written commands don't
make the panel crash when being executed after having added items.

the launchers seem to work, i couldn't make the panel crash like before.
i couldn't even crash it another way, having nearly completely
configured a new panel config ;-)

i can't add items to the panel after third item or later items (counted
from left side) after having added some first starters to the first
config. closing the manager dialog and reopening made it possible again.
so i think it's pretty ignorable when having a default config consisting
of those basic 6 or 7 launchers.

concerning the "remove" dialogs: i think it is really better to not have
them for the plugins, as the user tends to OK-click those dialogs even
if (s)he accidently chose to remove the panel.