Porting panel plugins for 4.4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sat Oct 1 08:39:16 CEST 2005

Fabian Nowak schreef:
> Am Freitag, den 30.09.2005, 19:31 +0200 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:
>
>>Fabian Nowak schreef:
>>
>>>hi folks!
>>>
>>>i tried to port the mount plugin, and i think it's quite done so far,
>>>but i really don't get over this strange "i can't find exit()" error:
>>>

>>Hmm, I thought I properly included stdlib.h in the header... Anyway, try
>>adding an '#include <stdlib.h>'.
>

> yes, it did the job. that should obviously be included in where the
> XFCE_EXTERNAL_PLUGIN_REGISTER is defined.

Yes, it was. Don't know exactly how it was lost. Anyway, I just put it
back, thanks.

> mount plugin is finished and available from berlios, version 0.4.0.

That's excellent!

> as i'm all the time comparing netload <-> mount plugin, i noticed that
> you never set global->plugin to the xfce-panel-plugin* plugin.
> as a result, after having left the options dialog, the menu is not
> unblocked properly.
> in monitor_new(...) set global->plugin = plugin; and it should work.

Yeah, that was the fix I talked about earlier. Somehow the tarball
didn't get updated properly. Should have been fixed in the mean time.

> btw., double-clicking could allow ethereal to start ;)

Not my call, really.

> oh, and the xfce_textdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR,
> "UTF-8"); is missing in monitor_construct(...)

Oops. Thanks, will add it.

> i see that the plugin's name in its menu is not translated, do you want
> (german) translations to be sent here?
>
> Name[de]=Netzwerk-Monitor
> Comment[de]=Zeige Netzwerk-Auslastung an

They should show up in the po file. We use intltool for that.