Porting panel plugins for 4.4

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Sat Oct 1 02:19:48 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, den 30.09.2005, 19:31 +0200 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans:
> Fabian Nowak schreef:
> > hi folks!
> >
> > i tried to port the mount plugin, and i think it's quite done so far,
> > but i really don't get over this strange "i can't find exit()" error:
> >

> Hmm, I thought I properly included stdlib.h in the header... Anyway, try
> adding an '#include <stdlib.h>'.

yes, it did the job. that should obviously be included in where the
XFCE_EXTERNAL_PLUGIN_REGISTER is defined.

mount plugin is finished and available from berlios, version 0.4.0.

as i'm all the time comparing netload <-> mount plugin, i noticed that
you never set global->plugin to the xfce-panel-plugin* plugin.
as a result, after having left the options dialog, the menu is not
unblocked properly.
in monitor_new(...) set global->plugin = plugin; and it should work.

btw., double-clicking could allow ethereal to start ;)

oh, and the xfce_textdomain (GETTEXT_PACKAGE, PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR,
"UTF-8"); is missing in monitor_construct(...)

i see that the plugin's name in its menu is not translated, do you want
(german) translations to be sent here?

Name[de]=Netzwerk-Monitor
Comment[de]=Zeige Netzwerk-Auslastung an