Hebrew/RTL documents in Xfce 4.2 (Was Re: 4.2.3)

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sat Oct 1 05:42:05 CEST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
Kamber Dotan wrote:

> I can point at the docbook format as one of the limiting
> factors when it comes to RTL languages (He, Ar and maybe
> more).

At least for end user, there're proper generated HTML files
you've created, so it sounds rather in question of CSS, does
system installed CSS file (`/usr/share/xfce4/doc/xfce-rtl.css',
from `xfce-utils/doc/xfce-rtl.css') resolve your problem?
of course, you'll also have to change HTML header like below,

  <link rel="stylesheet" href="../xfce-rtl.css" type="text/css">

If you can try to generate HTML files via your DocBook/XML file,
probably `xfce-rtl-nochunk.xsl' will be required in each doc/
directories in which,

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  [...]
  <!-- Use stylesheet -->
  <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'../xfce-rtl.css'"/>
  [...]

would be only different from the other.

By the way, does current build process work? I just got error

  *** No rule to make target `xfprint.html', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

when I removed HTML file and tried to generate it again.

PS. Dotan, having said that, please give me your HTML and image
files without XML files, for the workaround, these XML file can
be removed from Makefile.am, also could you rename image name
from `xfprint_xx_he.png' to `xfprint_xx.png' in 'xfprint/branches/
xfce_4_2/doc/he/xfprint.html'? you don't have to add language
code for the images.

PS. Japanese is also RTL language when it comes with vertical
layout.

Regards,
--
Daichi