Global Key Press Events Capture

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu May 12 20:53:29 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 13:41 +0530, Shuveb Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >  We have to find a portable way to determine commands to volume
> > control across build targets. This complicates the build process,
>
> So is a central keybindings config file and a simple interface then
> manages it a bad idea?

Well it wouldn't be "central" since it's just xfce apps that would be
aware.

Plus, I think that for this specific kind of application (ie volume
control), the keys should be grabbed by the plug-in directly.

> Rightly said. Why should a window manager manage hotkeys? [...]

In 4.4, I plan to use a separate application for that purpose, leaving
xfwm4 managing only its bindings.

> [...]

Cheers,
Olivier.