Global Key Press Events Capture

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Thu May 12 08:51:43 CEST 2005

* On Thu May-12-2005 at 09:43:56 AM +0530, Shuveb Hussain said:
[...]
> bugzilla, further comments suggested that it be added in the volume
> control plugin.

I say if xfwm4 is already handling this, why duplicate code? Read on...

> I understand that this feature can't be added to the window manager,

Why not? I was unable to find the topic in the forums. I'm guessing you
are talking about bug #372, correct? Is there an issue getting xfwm4 to
recognize the keys? It seems it would be just as much of an issue in the
mixer IMO.

I believe using a keyboard shortcut that runs amixer should be do this
quite well. For non-alsa systems it seems there would be an equivalent
command, although I could be 100% wrong about that one.

--
Sami Samhuri