[Xfce-i18n] POTFILES.in updated in xffm

edscott wilson garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon May 9 02:49:14 CEST 2005

Hi Daichi,

El lun, 09-05-2005 a las 00:02 +0900, Daichi Kawahata escribió:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> I've updated this file, could you apply this patch against 4.3.1.37
> (noticed previous one contains redundant source files) ?

Patch applied and committed to SVN.

> Also, I have requests that
>
>     o Removing bn/bn.po from configure.ac/po directory
>
>       There's already actual translator joining.

Since the bn translation is empty and the bn_IN is full, instead I copy
bn_IN.po -> bn.po.

>     o Creating libraries as single library, which will be installed
>       in ${prefix}/xfce/xffm-plugins later

${prefix}/lib/xfce4/xffm-plugins is reserved for plugins only. There has
to be one for each plugin because symbols with the same name are defined
in each one.

Dynamic libraries are installed in ${prefix}/lib because if not then
there are ldconfig issues. There are several libraries because not all
may be required, thus only map but not load those not needed. Further,
unless compiled with --enable-debug=yes, some libraries will *not* be
dynamically linked but instead will load as modules. The mayor work
ahead (4.3.2+) is to make the treeview/iconview/deskview libraries
behave this way.

>       It might need library renaming and -module flag in Makefile.am
>
> As for your requests, I'm willing to test i18n related issues in full
> scale. Then having a glance at the xftree4, before reported problem
> (at drop-down menu) seems to be complicated, could you tell me how to
> set about ?

I'm afraid I don't quite follow what you are trying to say. Is there any
issue regarding euc-jp that is not working right 4.3.1.37?

regards,

Edscott