[Xfce-i18n] POTFILES.in updated in xffm

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Mon May 9 15:49:54 CEST 2005

On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:49:14 -0500
edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> Since the bn translation is empty and the bn_IN is full, instead I
> copy bn_IN.po -> bn.po.

There's also bn_BD in language codes so I'm not sure it could be assumed
whether bn and bn_IN would have exactly same translations (I'm asking
about it to Bengali translator, Runa Bhattacharjee).

> ${prefix}/lib/xfce4/xffm-plugins is reserved for plugins only. There
> has to be one for each plugin because symbols with the same name are
> defined in each one.

My explanation wasn't good at all, I meant why those plugins being
located ${prefix}/lib/xfce4/xffm-plugins were symbolic linked as follows

  lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys    19 May  8 20:07 libxffm_book.so -> libxffm_book.so.3.0
  lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys    19 May  8 20:07 libxffm_book.so.3 -> libxffm_book.so.3.0
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 75160 May  8 20:07 libxffm_book.so.3.0

while plugin to be installed in ${prefix}/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins

  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 46800 May  8 20:09 libxffmsettings.so

> > As for your requests, I'm willing to test i18n related issues in full
> > scale. Then having a glance at the xftree4, before reported problem
> > (at drop-down menu) seems to be complicated, could you tell me how to
> > set about ?
>
> I'm afraid I don't quite follow what you are trying to say. Is there any
> issue regarding euc-jp that is not working right 4.3.1.37?

Japanese (in EUC-JP) at drop-down menu in xffm (xftree4) wouldn't be
displayed, it'll turn blanket (~/.cache/xfce4/xffm/xffm.golist.x.dbh was
already removed) as always with,

  Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

Then, when I was trying to invoke xftree4 from xfce4-fm (seems xffm's
default now) in which EUC-JP parent folder had existed, its name would
be blanket in the xftree4 (you can confirm at an attached image).

The last one, I was talking about a handling of those characters in
between xfsamba4 and Samba 3.x, which had listed in the TODO. If I'll
install latest Samba, what kind of tests have you expected ?

Regards,
--
Daichi