testing needed: xfce4-mailwatch-plugin

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue May 3 18:01:13 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Pasi and I have been working on the new mail watcher plugin for the
> panel, and it's in a state where it's actually pretty usable now.
> Currently supported is IMAP (SSL/TLS and plaintext), and local mbox and
> maildir spools.  POP3 support is forthcoming; just neither of us has
> gotten around to it yet.  It supports multiple mailboxes of different
> types (or the same types), and the IMAP support allows you to tell it to
> check for new messages in folders other than the Inbox (unfortunately,
> for now you have to use strings like 'INBOX.lists.gtk' for folder
> hierarchies).

Great, thanks for doing this, guys.

Two quick comments. I'll try it out more extensively later, but mail
check interval definitely needs to be per mailbox, not global. IMHO, of
course ;-)

The interval also isn't saved properly when you type a new value instead
of using the up/down arrows. I know we've had that before and there is a
solution, but I can't remember it right now...

	Jasper