Xfce4-fm crashes (minor reqest incl.)

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Sat Mar 12 22:03:19 CET 2005

Hello,

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:13:41 -0600
Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:

> I discovered a minor bug that required a major fix. Current cvs
> version (4.3.0.34) is broken because the fix is only haf complete.
> I hope that later today I will commit 4.3.0.35 where this bug
> should be all fixed. I think that might be the problem.

Thanks, it seems to be fixed in 4.3.0.37, there is another problem
on native encoded folder/file name displaying that they are unreadable
with the following warning message

    Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
                      pango_layout_set_text()

and my env. variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING="@locale" doesn't seem to
work, while status line at the bottom of window does properly.

> Ok. I see the change in HEAD but not in 4_2. I'll commit the fix to
> xffm with 4.3.0.35.

Thanks, now it works properly.

> Sure. I'm not sure exactly what string you are refering to so please
> send me a patch.

It was just one string, as an attached patch.

PS. I'm listing target strings which I expected in the 'Making V-O...',
but it still needs time til submitting.

Regards,
--
Daichi