Xfce4-fm crashes (minor reqest incl.)

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Fri Mar 11 01:13:41 CET 2005

Hi Daichi,

El vie, 11-03-2005 a las 07:13 +0900, Daichi Kawahata escribió:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> Xfce4-fm (symlinked Xffm) does start up, but whenever I click one of
> directory icons, it crashes like Xfdiff used to be (similar debugging
> output). Please take a look at the attached log, also xffm_error.log
> keeps a crash message,
>
>     Thu Mar 10 23:48:30 2005
>     xfce4-fm Core dump --> file main.c: line 85 (finishit): should
>     not be reached

I discovered a minor bug that required a major fix. Current cvs version
(4.3.0.34) is broken because the fix is only haf complete. I hope that
later today I will commit 4.3.0.35 where this bug should be all fixed.
I think that might be the problem.

> if you need more info, please let me know. Then, I have some minor
> requests for Xffm, the following is the list:
>
>     * Renaming xfprint-manager executable
>
>       When I was trying to launch printer manager from 'Printer
>       configuration' in the toolbar, Xffm outputs:
>
>         Failed to execute child process "xfprint-manager"
>         (No such file or directory): xfprint-manager
>
>       yes, actual name is xfprint4-manager.

Ok. I see the change in HEAD but not in 4_2. I'll commit the fix to xffm
with 4.3.0.35.

>     * Renaming Xfdiff in the .desktop file
>
>       I'd think 'Xfce patch manager' or the like might be better
>       rather than 'Xfdiff' simply.

Sure. I'm not sure exactly what string you are refering to so please
send me a patch.

regards,

Edscott

Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>