Xfce4-fm crashes (minor reqest incl.)

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Mar 14 01:09:45 CET 2005

El dom, 13-03-2005 a las 06:03 +0900, Daichi Kawahata escribió:

> Thanks, it seems to be fixed in 4.3.0.37, there is another problem
> on native encoded folder/file name displaying that they are unreadable
> with the following warning message
>
>     Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
>                       pango_layout_set_text()
>
> and my env. variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING="@locale" doesn't seem to
> work, while status line at the bottom of window does properly.

Fixed in 4.3.0.39, (which is almost 4.3.1.0).

I've also been looking into the problem with character sets in the smb
network plugin. The plugin was first designed around samba-2.2, but with
3.0 we can switch to utf8 and fix similar problems while browsing smb
network.

> PS. I'm listing target strings which I expected in the 'Making V-O...',
> but it still needs time til submitting.

Yes. It will also take some time to apply I think.

regards,

Edscott

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>