xfdesktop future

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 2 14:31:46 CET 2005

edscott wilson garcia wrote:

>thunar definitely sounds like a name for a lunar filemanager. I cannot
>help noticing that there is not a single letter in common between
>xfce4 and thunar.

>And really, Moe, doesn't thunar sound like lunar?

Just to be pedantic: not really, in English anyway.  "Lunar" is
pronounced more like "loo-ner", whereas "thunar" is pronounced "too-nar"
(I believe someone mentioned that the "h" was silent).  Yeah, English
vowels are stupid like that.  At any rate, I'm sure any similar spelling
and/or pronunciation is purely coincidental.

    -brian